Tuesday 12 March 2013

Operation Save My Skin Round 1 ...

Usually my skin is pretty kind to me, I would say I have normal/dry skin and rarely get blemishes. Well not anymore! I don't know whether it is the change in temperatures or my change in diet and all of the green tea/water I have been drinking is bringing all the yuckyness to the surface but at the moment I have hideously teenage like skin!

My everyday foundation is the Revlon Colorstay and in all honesty if I could marry it ... I probably would! During the past week or so I have noticed that it hasn't given me as much coverage as usual and it is going patchy (due to my skin being super dry as well) which tends to end up looking cakey by the end of the day.

So today I went on a quest to see if I could find anything which could help save my skin and which would be lighter than the usually heavy duty Colorstay. Now with being in between jobs at the moment money is REEEEEEEEEEALLY tight so I went out with a £20 budget and wanted to get some skin helping make up!

I lusted after the Borjois 123 foundation for about 10 minutes but then decided that as I could get more for less from the Miss Sporty range I decided to give them a whirl.


Here are my findings. I bought the So Matte Perfect Stay foundation which claims to last up to 14 hours, so we shall see. I also purchased the Liquid Concealer and the So Clear transparent powder. As I was still well within my £20 budget I figured I would try out a moisturiser aimed at more teenage like skin and I discovered a new product which is the Simply Pure Spot Clearing Moisturising Cream from Superdrug.

I am really looking forward to trying out these products and I might even give them a go tonight when I meet a friend!

If you are wondering how my budget was spent then fear not as I shall let you know :

So Matte foundation £3.49
Liquid Concealer £2.99
So Clear Powder £2.99
Moisturiser £2.99

Grand Total : £12.46

If you would like a first impressions/review on these just let me know in the comments and i'll be sure to get that done for you =D

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment