Thursday 21 August 2014

The Friend Zone . . .

The 'Friend Zone', that wonderful place full of 'it's not you it's me', 'let's just be friends' and other classic one liners to make an individual go from cloud 9 straight back to earth and hit the ground, face first, in a split second!

Whether we are putting someone in the 'Friend Zone' or we are being sent there ourselves, it is one place we all dread! We don't want to send anyone there and we certainly don't want anyone to put us there!

 I have recently been spending time with a guy who I am starting to develop feelings for. We talk from the moment I wake up to the moment I am falling asleep because I have stayed up too late texting.

Everything has been going well, we have had a few dates, I even met the parents! Granted this was purely an accidental meet but I have met them none the less. We have both expressed that we are looking to settle down and we are not wanting to play games. This is going somewhere! ... Or so I thought!

Last night he whacked out the old 'Can we just be friends' line which quite honestly felt like he had kicked me several times in the ribs and stomach ... then ran over my cat! To say I am devastated would be an understatement.

For some reason this guy seemed different to the others. He ticked all of the boxes and is a genuine, nice guy which lets be fair, is rare these days. He got under my skin and started to consume all of my thoughts. A part of me started to wonder if this was it, if this was the start of my future happiness. Clearly not. 

The reasons he gave were understandable to a degree but obviously still upsetting and made my self confidence plummet.

So internet friends I hereby announce a change of address. I am packing up my things and making the friend zone my permanent place of residence. Keep your eyes peeled for your change of address notification in the post.

So far, the friend zone doesn't seem too bad. It's full of laughter and fun as opposed to heartache and upset. Who knows how long I will stay here, until I meet someone new maybe? I can't say. One thing I do know, when it is time to pack and move back to the land of relationships, I will have a few life lessons learnt to help me along the way.

Until next time!

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment