Monday 8 April 2013

Starting Again ...

As bloggers we are leaving ourselves almost vulnerable, we write all of our thoughts, feelings and emotions about something and then publish it online for the whole world to see. Sometimes people like what you write, other times they don't, but that's just life, we don't have to like everything all the time. Life would be boring if that happened.
 
Being in this vulnerable position we are constantly questioning the content of our blogs and questing our individuality and our creativity. I see blog layouts change all the time and even sometimes, a blogs name changes. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as people grow and are changing all the time. Again if everything stayed the same in life, that too would make us live in a very boring world.
 
Lately I have been questioning my writing style and capability. I see so many fantastic blogs out there that I just don't think I can compare to but then I stop myself and realise that I am writing my blog for me. I am so thankful to those of you that take just a few minutes out of your day to read any one of my posts as sometimes my life is just too boring but I still share snippets with you which you seem to enjoy.
 
Of late I have been writing about more general things and that is not what I initially set out to do with this blog. I wanted it to be an insight into the life of a confused 23 year old who currently is sitting searching for jobs as the last one fell through. I have so many dream careers and my ultimate goal is to have novels published about my time abroad.
 
This is why I am taking a step back, looking at my blog and I am going to have a bit of a fresh start. I am going to concentrate on the way I write and the content I post.
 
I think to have these changes and recognise these within ourselves shows that we can grow as people and we don't just stick with 'the norm'.
 
So watch this space people ... who knows what is around the corner!!!
 
Do you often question your writing abilities? Has it changed throughout your time as a blogger? Are you comfortable with sticking to 'the norm' or do you like change? I would love to hear your stories!
 
Enjoy your day
 
Jazz
 
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I question my abilities ALL the time, when my stats go down a bit or I don't get any comments I immediately think argh!! what did I do... truth is, you can't please everyone all the time. You've only been blogging 3 months so give yourself time, you'll find your style and you'll get lots of readers who love it. People don't find your blog immediately, it takes time.... what I'd suggest is looking around for inspiration, maybe get someone else to design a layout for you if you're not happy (doesn't have to be expensive, mine only cost £20), write what you want to write, how you want to write and carry on regardless! That's what I did/do :)

    Jade | Beauty Butterfly Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such an in depth and helpful response! I have been thinking of some ideas of how I want my blog layout to look when I change it, I have an idea in my head but just need to perfect it.

      Thanks again :)

      Xxx

      Delete