Friday 5 April 2013

Something For The Weekend ...

Today I am writing my first requested post. It was requested by a good friend of mine and ... it may not be exactly what you expect. Todays post is all about Tia Maria.




Tia Maria is a coffee flavoured liquor with vanilla and caramel undertones. It is generally served over ice but I think Tia Maria is overlooked when it comes to cocktails. There are so many delicious concoctions you can come up with using this gorgeous liquor and ladies ... I think it's time we experimented!

I am going to share with you a few of my favourite simple cocktail recipes for you to try at home.

Jaffa Cake
 
 
1 part Tia Maria
1 part Cointreau
2 parts Cola
 
Add all ingredients into a glass, throw in some crushed ice, serve with an orange wedge and voila!
 
White Russian
 
33ml Tia Maria
50ml Vodka
33ml Cream
 
Over ice in a glass pour in the Vodka and Tia Maria, stir and finally add the cream on the top. Do not stir before serving, it should create a layered effect in the glass.

Calypso Coffee

20ml Tia Maria
150ml Coffee
30ml Cream

Leave the coffee to cool then pour in a glass with the Cream and Tia Maria over ice.
 
 
Box It Up
 
15ml Tia Maria
15ml Amaretto
 
Throw both ingredients into a glass over ice and there you have it a simple yet effective cocktail!
 
 
 
These are just some of my favourite cocktails using Tia Maria as they take little effort and time to make. Why not get the girls round for a girly night in, Each bring a different cocktail ingredient and experiment with your Tia Maria.
 
Next time you reach for your Tia Maria, don't just pour it over ice, think about making your drink that little more fun!
 
What drink do you usually reach for? Has this inspired you to be more adventurous with your weekend tipples? Will you be trying any of these?
 
Have Fun!!!
 
xxx
 
*Remember to drink responsibly and only drink if you are of the legal age for your country.


**This post is by no means sponsored and was purely a request from a dear friend of mine and I have not profited in any way from this post.



*Image Ref : www.tiamaria.com*

2 comments:

  1. You missed a Black Russian! I love Tia Maria in Black Russians ... roll on May when I can finally have a little drinky poo ;)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to include a Black Russian but then I figured I had the white so it's all good ha ha! What do you think your first drink will be?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete