Wednesday 1 May 2013

30 Days Of Sheer Pain ...

Or Should I say 30 Day Shred.

For anyone who doesn't know what the 30 Day Shred is I shall give you a brief run down now. Jillian Michaels, a well known personal trainer in American who you may have seen on 'The Biggest Loser USA', brought out a DVD a couple of years ago called 'The 30 Day Shred'.

The way it works is you do it for 30 days and do each level for 10 days within those 30. Each level is harder than the last and it really helps you push yourself and build up core strength.

Each level lasts just 20 minutes so it is a very quick intense work out.

I am sitting here nursing sore legs,arms and stomach after only 2 days and to be honest I am DREADING completing it later after a gruelling session at the gym.

One thing that is keeping me motivated is looking at before and after pictures on Google. I have taken some pictures from day one and will take them on each tenth day. I have also taken my measurements and I shall be taking them on each tenth day.

I must stress I am also eating a VERY healthy diet at the moment so I am combining healthy, clean eating with excersise which gives the best results. You can't have one without the other.

Have any of you tried the 30 Day Shred? How did you find it? How much pain were you in?

xxx  

2 comments:

  1. I didn't feel too much pain but I struggled to keep it up for the 30 days, I manage about a week but then life gets in the way.
    I'm impressed that you're doing it as well as a gym session, that is hardcore.
    Look forward to seeing the results :)

    Sally x
    Rainydayfaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha my pain is probably a reflection of my lack of fitness levels. This is my first time doing the shred, I am only 4 days in and dreading level 2! Doing it after the gym was a killer! I am determined to shed some timber, I have FAR too much to lose ha ha ha!!!

      xxx

      Delete