Friday 25 April 2014

Three Little Words . . .

These days that little four letter word people once were scared to say is used so frequently that somewhere, the meaning has got lost in translation, along with romance, chivalry and everything that comes with it.

People used to put so much effort into how they would tell their partners they loved them, some feared hearing those 8 letters, those 3 words, I love you. Now people just 'love that sweater', 'love' pizza or just 'love that song'. There is no greater meaning to it, it isn't special, it is simply another word we use to express our feelings towards our new dress we bought at the weekend.

Is this where I am going wrong in my quest for love? Chivalry and romance is practically non existent these days and maybe true love is dying too! These days we have to resort to online dating or a drunken night out to meet anyone, whatever happened to being asked out to dinner? Hell, I'd settle for a coffee! 

Am I expecting too much from the modern man. A few flowers, doors being held open and being chased is what I long for! Instead I get a message lacking vowels online, doors shut in my face and the occasional chest stare, not really the romance I long for.

Is it so wrong that I want a guy to send me flowers with a card on telling me to meet him at a restaurant at 8pm?! Surely that's one of the basics in how to woo a woman! Instead we get a vague ask to 'do something sometime' ... WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?! 

Ladies! We need to make a stand and bring back the reign of chivalry and romance! We need the era of grand gestures and true good old fashioned love back! Who's with me??

Until next time 

Jazz
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment