Sunday 28 April 2013

If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On ...

It's amazing how listening to a three minute piece of music can transport us back in time and help us relive a particular memory or feeling. Lately me and my friend have been listening to some songs that we haven't heard since we were 16/17 and it's amazing what I feel and remember when listening to these songs.

One of these songs is a dancey type song, most people will not like it but it is Mickey Modelle ft Jessy 'Dancing In The Dark'. This takes me back to the time when I was best friends with the guy who we shall now refer to as 'Army Boy' (this post explains) and we were going through a pretty horrible time. If you aren't familiar with the song then here it is just for you!


You can't have an evening out with me without me shouting 'Oh my god this reminds me of ....'. It's just what music does to us. Music is a universal language in which everyone can communicate through. Music helps us with all sorts of emotions. For example, when I am angry or sad I like to lock myself away and just listen to music, generally ballads, and then I feel fine. When we are happy we listen to music and have a dance about, when we are sad we listen to music and cry, when we are angry we listen to music to relax. It also has the opposite effect. Listening to a certain piece of music can instantly change our mood.

Due to us remembering certain memories or feelings it helps keep the music popular, take the Spice Girls for example, even now, when I hear any of their songs I am instantly uplifted and happy as it reminds me of being so happy with my friends in my childhood. 

There are also a couple of Adele songs that remind me of certain boyfriends I have had in the past and I always think of them when I hear those songs. 

I find it funny how in just three minutes and a few words with a tune behind can change our whole mood or make us remember good or bad times. In those few seconds we are transported.

Do you have any songs that stand out and remind you of certain people or memories?

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment