Wednesday 12 February 2014

"I'm Just Not Sure" ...

Previously I have discussed in brief the weird and wonderful world of online dating. It is very much like trying to find a bobby pin when you are keeping one hand on your hairstyle to keep it in place. You spend ages looking for one and when you do find one you think 'perfect' until ... You realise that the little protective ball at the end is missing so you have to start your quest again. Yes my lovely internet friends, internet dating is just like that! 

Now I know people who will speak to a potential suiter for a day or two and then go out on a date with them. Me personally, I like to speak for a good couple of weeks or so, more than anything so I can be more confident I won't end up in several different pieces in a bin liner!!!

Recently I have been on a date with a guy who I shared so many similar interests with and he even had a blog! It is so hard to find a guy these days that actually understands what a blog is and how they work. I was unsure as to whether I liked this guy or not so I thought I would leave it for the date to decide.

After a lovely afternoon chatting away and have a small bite to eat we called it a day and as I walked to catch the bus home I couldn't help but have a massive grin on my face and feel hopeful that he would ask me out again.

The day after we were texting pretty much all day as usual and I mentioned I was about to fake tan to which in his reply he told me he didn't like fake tan. The obvious question I had was 'why?', the answer I got back quite frankly shocked me more than anything. He proceeded to explain how he didn't like girls who wore fake tan and loads of make up as he prefers girls to be natural and he thinks it signifies low self esteem and these girls are hiding who they truely are.

I couldn't have been more shocked at this reply as we are friends on Facebook and he has met me, surely he could see from my pictures and meeting me that I am a fan of make up and I like to take my time applying it and using different techniques I have learnt. 

After a brief conversation about this matter he told me that it had put him off me and he wasn't sure how he felt now. Immediately I told him to forget it as that was me and I wasn't about to change for anyone.

It has now got me thinking, is what is now a perfectly normal everyday routine for us women actually putting men off. Could this be the reason we are eternally single?

Have you ever been told by a guy that make up or fake tan puts them off? Would you stop for a man?

Let me know what you think of this matter!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment