Wednesday 1 January 2014

When I Grow Up ...

When I was younger I thought by the time I hit my mid twenties I would have life all figured out. I would have the high flying career, a long term partner, a wedding and maybe a child or two on the way in a gorgeous house.

5 months until my 25th birthday and I am living at my parents, with a Christmas job contract ending on the 31st Jan, single! This couldn't be any further away from the life plan I had set for myself.

As the end of my contract looms I have been racking my brain trying to think what it is I want to do in life. What is it that I could do as a career? The problem is, 10 years after I was asked the very same thing in school, I still have no idea!

I have oodles and oodles of customer service experience from previous jobs but I can't help but think I need something more creative. I have a small business that I have recently started, creating cards and canvases which can be customised. You can find all of the Bejazzled Designs information on our Facebook page or our Twitter. I would love for this to take off but until that happens, I am left with the question, what sort of job would thrill me?

Then I think at 24 would it be a good idea to go back to college or university. Have any of you enrolled later on in life? How did you find your experiences?

I would love to continue working with make up or fragrance as it is what takes up most of my brain space! If you named me one particular fragrance I could reel off around 4/5 different perfumes smelling similar. It's a gift!

Do you guys have any jobs/careers you would love to do? Are any of you out there in the same position as myself and stuck in a rut about what you actually want to do in life?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment