Wednesday 1 January 2014

Going, Going .... GONE!!! ...

Well there we have it, the end of another year! We have now entered into the month of empty promises of weight loss, gym memberships and stopping smoking.

I hope you all had a fantastic time celebrating with family, friends and loved ones! I opted for a quiet one and it was exceptionally nice and relaxed. I had two options, one to go to a house party where a shot of absinthe was given as you entered or a stodgy takeaway at the Nans house. As the thought of having to get ready and make myself resemble a human being was making me feel vile, I decided to go the Nans in my comfiest clothes and have a takeaway and play some cards!

As midnight struck we went wild and got out the Prosecco and raised a toast to the forthcoming year. Whilst watching the massive 14 minute display at Big Ben on the TV I couldn't help but get a little teary at the thought of 2013 actually beging over. IT has honestly been the toughest year of my life and an overwhelming sense of relief took over me. 

As the fireworks were going off it made me think of someone who I thought was a special part of my life who quite frankly lead me on the whole year only to get a girlfriend in the past month or so who was there in London watching the fireworks with her. I didn't feel any anger, hurt or upset, the only thing I could think was .... FUCK YOU!

Although I am never one for resolutions or making promises I can't keep, It made me think that in 2014 I am disposing of those people I don't need in my life and concentrating on those who helped me though 2013. I need to spend more time with my family and those that matter and if anyone doesn't give me the respect or love I deserve ... BYE NOW!

I hope in 2014 you all acheive at least 1 of your goals, whether it be a new years resolution or a life goal in general, each and everyone of you deserve it!

So ... I raise my can of cheap red bull up to the computer ... Here is to making 2014 what you do!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment