Wednesday 9 April 2014

Ripping Off A Band Aid . . .

When life hands us a decision to make, more often than not, it is one we don't want to make. Some people make lists of pros and cons, some people toss a coin and some people look at the cold hard facts. Some situations can be a win, win for everyone but 9 times out of 10 someone winds up getting hurt. 

Today I have had to make a few decisions. It has been a day for tying up some loose ends, or at least working on it in some cases. My approach - tough love and cold hard facts.

Recently I went on a date with a guy who turned out to be one of the sweetest I have met. Since, we have said we would like to meet up again but as neither of us drive and bus links are pretty shoddy between our two towns 40 minutes apart, this is yet to happen.

Today I made the really tough decision to tell him I didn't think we should continue fooling ourselves and that we were at a dead end. Obviously other factors have contributed to this and I haven't just binned him over a drivers license. This has left me feeling worse, as now I not only feel like a terrible person but another chance of eternal happiness and a ticket out of single town has just slipped through my fingers!

I have also made the decision that I am going to tell my latest crush that he is exactly that. This will take a little more time, careful planning and I will need to be extremely tactile as this confession comes with complications. What they are you'll just have to wait and see! Wish me luck!

Until next time ...

Jazz
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment