Thursday 10 April 2014

There Is Always That One . ..

I once read that we all have one person who will always be our 'nearly'. That one person who no matter what, you will love eternally but you just can never be with.

Until recently I thought this was simply no more than an old wives tale. Oh how wrong could I be!

No matter how many dates I go on, no matter who I get involved with, my thoughts always come back to one particular person. Especially since I have found out he is BACK IN TOWN! Yes it may only be for a few days, yes it is highly unlikely I will bump into him but still my mind refuses to stop going into complete and utter melt down mode.

Each and every one of my thoughts is being consumed with thoughts of 'what ifs'. Along with that also comes years of heartache, tears but most of all love. Unfortunately it was mostly on my part, in fact I would go as far to say it was only on my part.

I look back though and I can't feel any regrets towards him first coming into my life as over the years he has given me the feeling of being loved.

The most beneficial part of time is that it makes that hazy picture in your head suddenly crystal clear and as opposed to regretting the things we have done or the things we feel, we embrace the lessons taught and what we have learnt along the way. 

Sometimes we just have to accept that sometimes, no matter how much we fight, the battle was over before it began.

Can we ever move on from these people? Probably not. Will we forever feel like teenagers when thinking of them? Most likely. Will there be a time where we only look back and smile? Now that I'm sure of!

Until next time.

Jazz
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment