Tuesday 9 April 2013

Don't Stop Me Now ...

 
Sometimes in life certain things happen that make us take a step back, take a look at our life and really think about where it is headed. A few months back I went through a pretty tough break up and this really made me think about making some pretty major changes in my life.
 
If there is one thing my ex taught me is to always see the positive in things and to go for whatever you believe in. He always pushed me to go for what I wanted in life when we were together and our relationship ending has been a massive life changer for me.
 
Obviously my life was turned upside down and I had to move back in with my family but I really have come through, I am now on the other side and I am going to start reaching for those goals I thought would never be possible. Dreams are only impossible if you never try to achieve them.
 
Yesterday I made it my mission to step outside of my comfort zone and really go for my dreams and this time I will not give up until I reach them. Ok so maybe I don't have a ton of qualifications or degrees but it's not like I am going to try and become a Lawyer or a Doctor, I want to share my life experiences with the world and if I get a hundred doors slammed in my face along the way, so be it, there will be one that stays open!
 
I know it will be a loooooooooong journey and a tough one at that but if we really want to succeed in life we need to work at it!
 
I hope that has given you a little food for thought. Has anything happened in your life that urged you to make big life changes?
 
xxx
 
 
*Image Ref: google.com*

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaz,
    Great post. I honestly think that being in your 20s is the most frustrating time! Were all bursting with enthusiasm yet it feels a lot of the time no one is willing to hand over the responsibility we are entitled to.

    My boyfriend always called me a dreamer when I toldf him after I left uni was going to be earning more ££ than him. I now do. Needless to say he hasnt called me a dreamer since...haha.

    Reach for the stars girlfriend.
    P.s I have your blog bookmared in work ;)

    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my problem is that when I was younger I always knew what I wanted to do but I pushed it to the back of my mind as I called it 'unrealistic' which is why I was hardly ever in those English A level classes ha ha ha ha!

      I have so many things I want to reach for and whilst I have the time and a 'real' job is not looking like it's on the cards due to the illness I have the time to push for what I really want to do in life.

      He he I loved waking up to a comment at half 7 in the morning ... it's actually put me in really good spirits and even more determined to push for those dreams!

      xxx

      Delete