Monday 1 April 2013

Plenty Of Fish In The Sea ...

 
 
As you are well aware by now my love life has had more ups and downs than a British Airways aircraft of late and well it's becoming a bit testing on my patience now.
 
After much deliberation and horror stories and also stories of romance and bliss I have decided to take the plunge and dive into the waters of ONLINE DATING.
 
Even now, I feel online dating is a bit of a taboo subject. More and more people are getting involved but we are still quite shy when it comes to openly admitting we are part of this single online community.

Seeing as my track record leaves me single for a good while I have decided to invest my time in some help by using an online dating site.  Now I know over the years there have been many a story in the media about pervert and general dodgy types and more recently the MTV show 'Catfish' has documented people online turning out not be exactly who they say there are. I do feel though, the positive stories have been ignored. I know a few people who are now MARRIED with kids and are perfectly happy and they met online.
 
I suppose like with anything, you're taking a risk. I suppose this risk is heightened when dating online as you are more vulnerable than other situations as you open up and are putting yourself out there and essentially are looking for a life partner.
 
They infamous 'they' say you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince ... online dating is the same there are a MILLION and one frogs out there but sometimes you will find an actual sane person you can have a conversation with!
 
My problem is that I have spoken to a few guys who seem really nice but I am PETRIFIED to meet them! I am usually fine meeting new people but I think it is the context in which you become face to face with this potential suiter who you have been talking to but never actually met. It does scare me somewhat! Every time I go to bite the bullet and agree to meet someone, something just holds me back!
 
I suppose this is a journey in which I should embrace and I am meeting people I wouldn't normally so that can only be a good thing!
 
Let me know if you would like me to keep you posted on how my progression is going. Do you have any good or bad online dating stories???
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment