Monday 25 March 2013

Someday My Prince Will Come ...

LIES, IT'S ALL LIES DISNEY!!!
 
As a nearly 24 year old woman it is fair to say I grew up obsessively watching Disney films and being sucked in to the illusion that your Prince just happens to turn up out of the blue, sweep you off your feet and after about a week of being together you get married and live ... wait for it ... HAPPILY EVER AFTER.
 
This i now know to be complete and utter rubbish!
 
I now need to come clean and tell you my real name is actually Jazmine which, yes you guessed it spurred many a child on the playground to shout things like 'Where's Aladdin' and 'Where's your carpet' to which I would not respond. Even at the age of 6 I knew people like that, well I could not tolerate.
 
Although I do refer to myself as Princess Jazmine, I am now fully aware that my prince is going to be a lot harder to find than I thought. Funnily enough I found the below picture on Google before typing up this post and I thought it was rather fitting for the types of men that are currently in my life.
 
 
I suppose by now you are probably wondering what this post is for and if it actually has a point. Well yes, yes it does! I have, for the past 2 days been sitting here absolutely baffled and trying to get my head to figure out why a certain male in my life is acting the way he is.
 
CUE THE BACKGROUND STORY
 
At the age of 15, 16 and 17 most of my time was spent lusting after THE most gorgeous boy I had ever seen. I was besotted by him. We became best friends and spent most evenings hanging out in our group of friends and we just clicked. Flirting would go on but no way did I think he liked me as he did start seeing two of my friends. On different occasions just to clarify. Something happened which resulted in him completely distancing himself away from me and then we lost touch as he was in the army and at this point and I had started working abroad.
 
FAST FORWARD TO PRESENT DAY
 
To my surprise, about 3/4 years after speaking to him last, he sent me a message on Facebook. We started chatting last Sunday and exchanged numbers and text ALL the time. On Tuesday I ended up seeing him and he told me that when we were younger he liked me and didn't realise I liked him to which I corrected him by saying ... 'I WAS PRACTICALLY IN LOVE WITH YOU, HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW?!'. After seeing him, we were texting all Tuesday night and he said he still liked me and couldn't wait to see me again ... RESULT! Up until Saturday we hadn't actually stopped texting and calling each other. Sunday however was a different story, I woke up to the usual text and after a couple of messages going back and forth he didn't reply and ... well ... I STILL haven't heard anything.
 
Can someone out there please give me any indication as to what on EARTH is his logic in this one. You cannot simply tell someone you like them, that you can't wait to see them next and that you want to take them on a date if your next intention is to completely ignore them ... This makes no sense! 
 
I am fully aware that my love life has never been a simple one, there is usually some drama involved in any boy/man situation I am in ... but for once I thought this was going to be pretty straight forward ... he liked me, I liked him, he still likes me, I still like him ... I mean you work it out ... it's pretty straight forward!!!
 
 
To conclude ... If you are still under the illusion that love is a simple thing and like a Disney film where you get married, live in a castle happily ever after ... you my friend are mistaken! Love is  complicated and well just an effort!
 
I hope you managed to find some form of enjoyment out of my, what can only be described as, misfortune!
 
Speak soon
xxx
 


2 comments:

  1. Aww no! Men huh? They have no idea.

    I was completely in love with Nathan for 2 years before he realised and asked me out on a date. The worst part was that he admitted that he'd always felt the same way, so we could have been together sooner and both been saved from crappy relationships.

    I hope your friend comes to his senses and asks you out on a proper date soon.

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I hope so too!

      I think I will bite the bullet and ring him later and ask him what is going on. If he answers ... happy days, if he doesn't then I will leave it. He was obviously lying!

      xxx

      Delete