Monday 11 March 2013

Endometriosis Awareness Month #3 - My Personal Experience ...

This is my third and final post in my Endometriosis Awareness series and this is the one that I have been most scared about writing. I am going to share with you my personal experience and how this condition affects me and my daily life.

I apologise if this is a bit of a long post, I shall try to keep it to the point and try not to ramble as much as I anticipate!


I have always had really heavy and painful periods since I started at the age of 11, so painful they usually result in me sleeping on the bathroom floor due to the fact I throw up continuously and pass out ... hardly the most exciting times of my life and 13 years on it's now getting a little boring!

During these 13 years I have been backwards and forwards to the doctors/nurses/clinic but no one has given me the medical attention I actually need. I have been given every contraceptive pill going and none have helped or got rid of the pain.

I did request to have the Marina coil but because of some weird gynocological reason I can't have it.


Early January 2012 I started waking up feeling nauseas around 4/5 days a week and the nausea didn't really settle until late afternoon. Along side this I started feeling pain in my lower abdomen which would last throughout most of the day. As time passed the pain and nausea got worse and now every single day I was in pain and feeling ridiculously sick. I saw several doctors and each and every one told me nothing was wrong and that it was viral and would pass soon. 

This was until we had a new doctor at the surgery who has been FANTASTIC and she investigated my symptoms properly and after blood test after blood test and prodding and routing around I was referred to a gynocologist where it transpires Endometriosis has been the cause of all of this!

I have recently started some hormone tablets which, in all honesty, aren't going down too well. The pain and nausea are much worse than before and on top of that I have to battle with major paranoia and a massive feeling of lonliness. These are unfortunately the feelings that can come along with Endemetriosis but for some reason, are now amplified by a million!


My working life has also taken a massive hit also. Several periods of long term absensess have resulted in me having to leave before they have got rid of me. THANKFULLY I have found a job which is perfect for me and I will be in the office for 2/3 days in the week and the other 2/3 I will be working from home. The other plus is that it is not customer facing so if I am rolling around in pain, I don't have to face any of our customers. Another bonus is that it is in the travel industry which is where my heart lies and where I have had most of my working experience. I start on Monday and I cannot be more excited for this.


I am so enthusiastic about my blogging and I love the fact that I am blogging about my life and everything in it, as well as joining in the best community on the internet, it is such a good release for me to share things I maybe wouldn't with my family and friends. Sometimes my blogging does need to take a back seat as on those days I could be feeling really down/low or in too much pain. This weekend has been the perfect example of this. I have had so many posts I have wanted to post and this one even was meant to be posted on Friday but I just haven't been up to it. 

If there are a few days where I don't upload any posts, please, please, please don't think I am abandoning you, unfortunately it does just mean the Endometriosis is taking over more than I would like. On these occasions you can find me tweeting and I would love it if you guys would tweet me. Like I said lonliness is a major part of my experience and even one tweet from you guys keeps me going and means the absolute world to me!


Sorry for such the long post, there is SO much more I would have love to have shared with you but I feel this post is long enough. If you have enjoyed this post or even if you would like to ask me anything about my experience, please leave me a comment below.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment